Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Neupogen My Friend

The ultimate white cell booster!
It turns out that since last Wednesday (25th May), I've been having some kind of general infection in my body. One of the perks of chemotherapy, I guess. I was admitted to the hospital on Friday 27th, and have been here ever since, hoping and waiting for finally getting home again. Maybe tomorrow? Please? The doctors suspect that the infection has its origen in an uncured pneumonia which they're now dealing with antibiotics. On top of all that, I've had almost zero white cells, which has made it even harder to get the medicine working, plus the fact that they've had me in complete isolation with only Neupogen to accompany me. To tell you the truth, it has been hellish. I've had high fevers, pain, depression, you name it. I've never felt so powerless before, and in my worst moments I've even come to consider of throwing in the towel and just walking away of all this shit. They say that in life, we are only given a burden, which we know we can carry, but really, I find this a bit excessive.

5 comments:

  1. Toivottavasti pääset kohta kotiin! Että saisit hengähtää ennen seuraavaa kierrosta. Haleja täältäpäin, odottelen kovasti että tulet käymään!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    The strength that you have is amazing, and you have to stick to that. Once this infection is cured by the antibiotics, you will feel better. And remember that this treatment IS much tougher, but it is also much more potent. Hang in there Lau, be strong, keep fighting this thing! Con todas tus fuerzas. I mean it, not like Rebeca Linares...
    I'll send you an email now. Te quiero mucho.
    Besitos Lauli.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guapa!!!!
    Has llegado hasta aquí con un montón de fuerza y positividad, así q ahora no es el momento de tirar la toalla. Es un camino duro pero has demostrado q eres muy valiente y lo conseguirás, así que con los antibióticos y tu fuerza saldrás adelante seguro.
    Desde BCN te mandamos mucha fuerza y todo el apoyo que necesites!!!te queremos guapi!!!
    Cris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sairautta myös vierestä seuranneena voin sanoa, että sanonta ei mielestäni pidä paikkaansa. Joskus elämä vain tuntuu paikalta, jossa asioita tapahtuu toisita riippumatta tai riippuen - kantaa ottamatta, onko tapahtunut oikein vai väärin. Jotenkin me kuitenkin vain täällä porskutetaan.

    Jos voisin, antaisin sinulle sellaisen sileän rantakiven, jossa lukee "Parane pian".

    Tsemppiä Laura!

    Riikka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruitcake, ootko vielä eristyssellissä? Vai jonkun kuorsaavan vieressä? Tsemppiä anyway.

    Olen samaa mieltä kuin Riikka, että joskus sanonnat ovat väärässä (kylmä kahvi ei todellakaan kaunista, we know that much!). Mutta samalla tiedän, että olet äärimmäisen vahva. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete